Arrival and Dismissal of Students
Buses arrive at school between 8:20 – 8:40 AM. Car Riders may enter the building between 8:20 – 8:45 AM from the back parking lot. For safety reasons, parents should not leave students unattended at school prior to 8:20 AM. Any student arriving after 8:45 AM will be considered tardy, and parents should park in the front of the school and walk their child to the front office for check-in.
Dismissal will begin at 3:15 PM for students being picked up by parents. Buses are called beginning at 3:20 PM.
Procedures for picking up students during school hours:
- Requests for early dismissal must be kept to a minimum.
- A note is required so the teacher will know in advance that the student is leaving early. This eliminates class disruption when the student leaves early.
- All doors will be locked during school hours for safety reasons. If parents must pick up a child during school hours, parents need to come to the front doors near the office area.
- Parents must check in with the school secretary. Parents are NOT to go to the classroom. The student will come to the office for dismissal.
- A sign out sheet is located in the office. Parents must complete this sheet stating student name, date, time, reason for leaving, and signature.
Arrival/Dismissal Procedures for Car Riders
For the safety of our students, it is extremely important to adhere to the following procedures when regularly dropping off or picking up your child.
Arrival Time: 8:20 - 8:45 AM
(After 8:45 AM, your child will be considered tardy and you will need to park in the front parking lot to bring your child to the front office.)
- If your child will be a daily car rider, you have been given (or will be given) car tags for your vehicles with a number on them that will be specific to your child. Please display this tag in your windshield when dropping off and picking up your child. Identification may be requested by staff members. (If for some reason, another family member or friend will be picking up your child, please send a note with your child so that our staff members are aware of the change.)
- Cars need to line up in the back parking lot in a single line. A sign will clearly mark the drop off area and there will be adults back in the back to assist each morning.
- After your child exits the car, please be cautious in the parking lot. There may still be people walking in or people trying to park.
- If you need to enter the school for any reason, please park in the front parking lot and bring your child into school.
Dismissal Time: 3:15 - 3:30 PM
Dismissal will be done in the same manner. We will load three cars at a time.
Buses will always load and unload in front of the school. Please do not try to enter the front of the school during bus dismissal for the safety of all of our students.our students' safety.
We appreciate your cooperation in this matter!
- Anytime there is a change in the transportation of your student, a note needs to be written to the homeroom teacher and signed by the parent. (Example of change in transportation – if you need to pick up your student as a car rider when he or she generally rides the bus.) For safety reasons, students are NOT permitted to leave the building with anyone other than a parent/guardian unless written permission has been approved.
- If you have an emergency and need to change your student’s dismissal plan, please call the front office before 3:00 PM so that the message can be relayed.
Procedures for students going home with a friend:
If your child will be riding the bus home or being picked up by another student’s parents, both parties need to have written notes about this change in dismissal. This will ensure that both students have permission for these arrangements.