Berkeley County Schools believes that education is a right extended to all individuals with exceptionalities. All individuals with disabilities ages 3 through 21, including students who have been suspended or expelled from school, all gifted students in grades 1 through 8, and all exceptional gifted students in grades 9 through 12, have available a free appropriate public education (FAPE) which includes special education and related services in the least restrictive environment (LRE) to meet their unique special educational needs. This applies to all public agencies that provide special education and related services to our students.
Contact a Staff Member
- AU/BD, Homebound, Therapy, Crisis Management
- Bedington, Marlowe, Potomack
- Berkeley Heights, Orchard View, North Middle, South Middle
- Bunker Hill Inwood Primary Mill Creek Inter.
- Gerrardstown, Hedgesville Elementary, Tomahawk
- Hedgesville Middle, Hedgesville High, Musselman High, Spring Mills Middle, Spring Mills High
- Pikeside, Valley View, Musselman Middle
- Rosemont, Winchester Ave., Spring Mills Primary
- Tuscarora, Eagle School Intermediate, Opequon, Martinsburg High
- Megan Abe
- Sarah Arena
- Patricia Barrett
- Christine Basel
- Nathan Biedzynski
- Katie Brining
- Melody Brown
- Amanda Cole
401 S. Queen Street, Martinsburg, West Virginia
For your review
At the request of Dr. Patrick Murphy, Superintendent, Berkeley County Schools, the Office of District and School Advancement (ODSA) conducted a special circumstance review of Berkeley County Schools, to obtain specific information regarding the delivery of special education services. The following is the information provided after the review.