Academic counseling is available to all students to help them understand their individual strengths, set goals, and assist them in planning an appropriate program of studies. Counselors, teachers and parents work together to support and encourage all students in reaching their full potential.
Some of the areas in which a counselor can work with students and parents are:
- Planning a high school program relevant to the student's interests, abilities and post-high school plans
- Assisting students in selecting appropriate courses each year
- Checking each student's progress through a review of quarterly report cards and interim progress reports
- Consult with teachers and other school staff regarding student performance
- Counseling students experiencing academic difficulty and developing strategies for improvement, including referrals to various academic resources at the high school
- Reviewing credit status leading to graduation