Information for Juniors & Sophomores Interested in taking WVU/Potomac State College classes in High School:
Information for Students interested in Dual Enrollment at Shepherd University
To apply for High School Dual Enrollment, students will need to submit:
- Complete Application
- Complete Application – Martinsburg Center Block FALL 2020
- Letter of Recommendation from Principal, Guidance Counselor or Home School Coordinator
- Official Copy of high school transcript or home school portfolio indicating a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Official ACT or SAT scores, if planning on enrolling in English, Math, or ECON 205.Students wishing to enroll in a Math course at Shepherd must have at least a 510 (Fundamentals of Math) / 530 (College Algebra) on the Math section of the SAT or a 19 (Fundamentals of Math) / 21 (College Algebra) on the Math section of the ACT.
- Students wishing to enroll in an English course at Shepherd must have at least a 480 on the Reading section of the SAT or an 18 on the English section of the ACT.
Good news....Shepherd University will be offering an online placement option for dual enrollment through Accuplacer. Our wonderful team in our Academic Support Center have been working hard to put this in place.
There are a few important details that will be needed for students to be able to use this option for their dual enrollment placement.
1. The test will be administered remotely through our Academic Support Center and proctored by Mrs. Missy Welsh. Missy is a certified proctor.
2. Students will need WiFi or internet access.
3. Students will need a computer equipped with a camera and audio so that they can communicate with our Academic Support Center staff.
4. Students will need a picture ID to show over Zoom on the day of the test. The following picture ID's will be accepted:
5. State issued Drivers License or Permit, High School ID Card, Passport
6. The test will cost $20. This $20.00 fee covers both Math and English tests. Students can opt to only take one (Math or English depending on the course they are signing up for) but the fee remains the same. If a student is signing up for ECON 205 they will need the Math placement. Students will need to make an appointment to take the placement test. Barbara Kandalis will be assisting the Academic Support Center with scheduling the appointments. The Academic Support Center plans to start scheduling appointments at the beginning of May.
7. The $20 fee needs to be paid by phone to our business office before the test date. Our business office can be reached at 304-876-5284.
8. Any questions or concerns about the above items can be directed to Barbara Kandalis, Assistant for Academic Community Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-876-2666.
Students Interested in Blue Ridge CTC Dual Enrollment & College Program Options:
COLLEGE IN HIGH SCHOOL PROGRAMMING – BERKELEY COUNTY SCHOOLS
Blue Ridge Community and Technical College and Berkeley County Schools have created several options for High School students to begin the college experience while in High School. With discounted college tuition, along with ease of scheduling, High School students have several options to get the “JumpStart.”