Berkeley County Schools Nutrition staff will follow standard operating procedures as mandated by the CDC, WVDE, and the Berkeley/Morgan County Board of Health (BMCBOH). Staff has been trained in this process and will utilize cleaning products and EPA approved disinfectant that meets CDC requirements for use and found effective against virus, bacteria and other airborne and blood born pathogens. Health and safety standard protocols by staff and serving support will continue in compliance with all federal meal service mandates and updates as provided.
BCS Child Nutrition Staff in each school will coordinate the delivery of breakfast and lunch to the classroom and in some cases with larger classes at the secondary level students will be served in the cafeteria adhering to safe practices and social distancing guidance.
- Disposable food service containers and prepackaged utensils will be used.
- Hand washing with soap and water will be enforced prior to and following meals and surfaces disinfected regularly.
- Food sharing will be restricted. Share tables will be discontinued and staff and/or students should not share refreshments.
- No outside food for classroom celebrations will be permitted at this time.
- Students may bring their own meals and store in their assigned space until mealtime.
- When serving lines are used, physical barriers will be utilized, and social distancing guides provided.
- Special medical diet accommodations will be made following doctors orders.
- Students will be able to charge milk.
- Touchless Point of Service system will be used. No cash payments will be accepted in the classroom. All payments milk and/or meal payments must be made online via https://www.schoolcafe.com/ or through the Central Office or the point of service secretary at your school front office.
Meal service to students learning remotely will be available and we will provide that information to families if they select the Click pathway.