Military Family Resources
Our school is committed to supporting military children and their families in conjunction with the Purple Star Award designation. The Purple Star Award is a designation assigned to schools which display a special commitment to supporting military children and their families.
Visit the Common Ground at wvde.us/certification/military-partnerships-common-ground/students/ for more information.
Support for Students
Academic Support: Free after-school tutoring is available at Musselman High School from 2:45-3:45 PM. Contact your school counselor for more information. Other academic services are available for military children including:
- March2 Success - https://www.march2success.com/
- Tutor.com for Military Families - https://military.tutor.com/home
Personal & Social Support: School counselors can assist students coping with family transitions and accessing additional resources, such as school-based mental health services and mentoring support. Other online resources to support military children include:
- Military Kids Connect - https://militarykidsconnect.health.mil/
- Boys & Girls Clubs of America Military Youth Program - https://www.bgca.org/about-us/military
- StopBullying.gov - https://www.stopbullying.gov/bullying/military-connected-youth-and-bullying
For more resources to support your student, visit our Personal Resources page.