Feed to Achieve School Breakfast Initiative
Breakfast is a strategy to provide students with the required nutrients while allowing for more instructional time. Each Feed to Achieve School Breakfast provides daily servings of fruit, whole grains, and milk, plus roughly 1/4 the recommended calories needed for lasting energy.
Studies show that:
- Eating breakfast can help improve math, reading, and standardized test scores.
- Schools that provide breakfast in the classroom have had decreased suspensions as well as improved student behavior and attentiveness.
- Breakfast helps children pay attention, perform problem-solving tasks, and improves memory.
- Children who eat school breakfast are likely to have fewer absences and incidents of tardiness than those who do not.
Feed to Achieve School Breakfast options:
- Breakfast After First
- Breakfast in the Classroom
- Grab and Go
- Hot Tray Breakfast
Please contact your school to find out which Feed to Achieve School Breakfast options they provide.