Berkeley County Business Education Partnership
...working together to provide successful experiences for future community leaders. . . .our students.
About the Business Education Partnership
Education is one key element in the economic development of Berkeley County. With this in mind the Business Education Partnership program works to increase contact between students and local businesses.
Berkeley County has more than 59 business partners who are committed to the 18,000+ students in the district. This relationship has benefited both the schools and the area businesses. Their collaboration has spurred several accomplishments, some of which include:
1. Presenting an annual recognition program for Berkeley County Schools’ recipients.
2. Establishing Business Education Partnership scholarships for each of the three high schools.
3. Assisting with the passage of $51.5 million bond for school construction in September 2009.
4. Serving as a viable committee of the Martinsburg-Berkeley County Chamber of Commerce.
5. Developing a grant initiative to fund school projects and educational needs.
Sandy Hamilton, PresidentJim Klein, SecretaryLeota Shillingburg, SecretaryTina Combs, Treasurer
Executive Committee Members:Kendra DeOms, Past PresidentElaine BoboKaren BurkhartBryan ButlerDesert ClevengerSteve FolmerBonnie GrossCourtney FunkAmy HussionAnne JessopAllen KeesMelba Thorne