Athletic Director/Games Manager
"I am a big believer in how athletics can help mentor students while giving an outlet to learn team work, build school spirit, and advance skill sets in sports."
THANK YOU to all of our athletes for their hard work during basketball tryouts this week and CONGRATULATIONS to our '20-'21 PATRIOTS team members. Rosters for each team will be posted soon.
See your sport specific page for Welcome Packet links.
11/16 Athletics UpdateThe season with changes has brought us another one. As you've heard by now, all school extra-curricular functions for the Winter Sports Season have been shut down until January 11th. I want to keep you as updated as I am and will continue to give updates as I receive them. Please note the following:
To end, please remember that we are still in-season - we are just postponed. Do your best to eat properly, stay conditioned, and make wise choices. Every athlete in our state has EIGHT extra weeks to get in the shape they wanted to be in at the start of their season. Be the athlete that takes advantage of this time! Participation with travel teams is still prohibited until the end of our season.Message Carrie.Holloway@k12.wv.us with any questions.
- I have not received word as to what this does for our current basketball game schedule - I will update you when I know.
- There is discussion on changing the number of mandatory practices needed prior to a game day - I will update coaches when I know. As of now, practices will resume on January 11, 2021. When the date is closer we will give more details.
- Athlete Welcome Packets (including purchasing the team gear) has been extended. All items will now be due on SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6th. Non-electronic items must be turned in by Friday, December 4th. See your sport specific page on our Athletics Website for details. https://www.berkeleycountyschools.org/Page/15543
- Team Gear purchases have been extended to 12/6 and are NOT REFUNDABLE. With this extended date, we have been promised that all orders will be delivered to the school by 12/18. You will receive your items before the holiday break. The team shirt is mandatory to purchase but all other items are not mandatory. If the season gets cancelled, then you cannot get a refund on these items.
- The parent/fan store link should be live soon. Once that is ready, we will send the link out to the entire school and it will close on the same day as the team store (12/6). Items will be delivered at the same time - before the holidays!
- The county $20 mandatory participation fee is due by 12/6 with the Welcome Packet items (cash only). If the season is cancelled, then this will be refunded to you. The team gear will NOT be refunded, but the participation fee will be refunded.
- The parent/guardian volunteer sign up link is temporarily off our Athletics website. It will be back up for you to choose your game once our schedule is confirmed.
The current posted schedule may be revised due to the mandatory shut down of all Athletics until January 11, 2021.
PATRIOT ATHLETICS quote of the month:
“There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them.”
WVSSAC quote of the month:
“You're never a loser until you quit trying.”