Our School Counselors Care About Our Students!
Our school counselors focus on academic, career, and personal development to ensure that every student benefits from a program that is comprehensive in scope, preventative in design, and developmental in nature.
Here you will find helpful school counseling resources for your Bedington student and your family!
Meet the Counselor
Hello! My name is Melissa Álvaro and I am your School Counselor. I was born in Manhattan, New York and attended Shippensburg University. I am always up for an adventure and dancing! I have been a School Counselor for four years and am overjoyed to get this school year started.
As a school counselor, we believe that:
- All students should be treated with dignity, respect, and worth.
- All students have the right to participate in the school counseling program.
- All students compose the unique and diverse student population and should be addressed when planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- Each student’s ethnic, cultural, racial, sexual differences and special-needs must be considered in planning and implementing the school counseling program.
- All students should act in a manner that demonstrates respect for and acceptance of others.
- All students have the opportunity to become productive, cooperative, socially responsible, and ethically sensitive members of a global society.
- All students should be encouraged to achieve optimal personal growth, to acquire positive social skills and values, to set appropriate career goals, and to realize full academic potential in order to become productive, contributing members of the world community.
Please feel free to contact me anytime you feel I can be of assistance. I will always be available to support your students’ academic and social-emotional needs.
Mission & Vision
The school counseling program at Bedington Elementary is designed to provide a safe, supportive atmosphere where students can attain personal/social, academic and career success through a collaborative partnership with other educators, families, and the community.
We work hand in hand to nurture the physical, emotional, and intellectual dimensions that enhance life-long learning and foster a positive self-esteem that leads to becoming productive members of our community.
Bedington Elementary students will acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes to maximize their full potential and successfully reach their full potential while managing their lives as healthy, responsible, competent, and productive citizens.
The School Counseling program focuses on the West Virginia Student Success Standards. Students will learn how to increase interpersonal and social skills, refine learning and work.