Mill Creek Intermediate School Counseling
Mrs. Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
(M - F 8:45 - 3:45)
Ms. Howes (email@example.com)
(Monday PM, Wednesday, Friday)
MCI Counseling Mission Statement
The mission of the Mill Creek Intermediate Counseling Program is to support and enhance every student in reaching his/her potential in academics, personal/social development, and career development/awareness. This is accomplished by delivering a comprehensive school counseling program for all students at MCI. The school counseling program collaborates with students, staff, parents, and the community to deliver prevention, intervention and referral services.
- Character Counts: Students are featured on a bulletin board for using good manners and great character
- West Virginia Aware (formerly Project Aware): Students who are referred for behavioral/mental health services can receive those services during the school day through a grant for Berkeley County Schools.
- BackPack Program: Ending child hunger, one backpack at a time. This program provides food to hungry Berkeley County Students in a discreet manner.
- Career Awareness/College Exploration: It's never too early to start thinking of the future! Students will learn where our teachers attended college and learn to set goals for their future.
- Career Day: Students will learn about the WV career clusters and begin to set goals for their future.
- Red Ribbon Week: Drug prevention/awareness education for all BCS students.
- Personal/Social Development
- Academic Development
- Career Development/Awareness
Small Group Counseling
If you would like more information or would like to have your child participate in one of these groups, please contact Ms. Howes in the school counseling office.
- Social Skills
- Managing Stress/Anxiety
- Changing Families (divorce, foster/adoption, one parent household)