Project AWARE is a grant program designed to help state and local education agencies:
- Increase awareness of mental health issues among school-aged youth;
- Train educators and other youth-serving adults in Youth Mental Health First Aid, so they may be able to identify and respond to mental health issues and;
- Connect children, youth, and families who may be experiencing behavioral health issues with appropriate services.
What Will Project AWARE Do for you?
- Integrate mental, behavioral, and emotional health
- Provide students and families access to school-based therapy with deemed appropriate
- Ensure training of school personnel to identify and respond to mental health conditions using evidence-based YMHFA training
If you feel that your student is in need of services, please contact your student's teacher, school counselor, or administrator to find out if your student may qualify for these services.